This authoriazation does not replace or over-ride a Hot Work Permit, which must be issued and enforced by the vessel/company for which the work is being undertaken. Neither the vessel/company nor the hot work contractor is relieved of their responsibilities and duties to ensure a safe work enviroment and a proper conduct of work.
Permission is granted to carry out Hot Work is SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS
- Work must be performed in strict accordance with the latest edition of all applicable codes, standards, acts, and regulations, including but not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Canada labour Code;
- CAN/CSA - W 117.2-M87 Safety in Welding, cutting and Applied Processes;
- Boiler, Pressure Vessels, and Compressed Gas Regulations;
- Occupational Health and Safety Act;
- Canada Confined Spaces regulations;
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems; and
- port Authorities Operations Regulations
- Hot work permit to be issued by vessel (Agent/Owner/Captain) or Company and conditions thereof strictly enforced
- First aid and Fire fighting equipment to be available in work area, ready for immediate use.
- Fire watch to be maintained
- No hot work to take place while fueling of if flammable liquids, solids, or gasses present
- SJPA Marine Operations (Harbour Master's Office) to be notified when work is completed
Please Note: Approved permits will be valid for 72 hours after the indicated start date & time.
By submitting the following request for a Hot Work Authorization you are hereby agreeing to pay $50 plus HST per permit.